Tuesday, December 22, 2009

And the Running Begins...


"Antonia, you've never run thirteen miles cumulatively in your entire life. There's no way you can do it one sitting."

Aside from the oxymoronic hilarity of running in one sitting, my mother was right. I didn't even run The Mile in high school. That's right, I walked it.

"I don't want to deter you. I just want you to be realistic. I don't want to see you fail..."

she said as I continued to pursue my dreams of not only running a half-marathon (that was part of the training) but I was signed up for a full marathon! And then I ran the Brooklyn Half to EVERYONE's surprise.

"So you ran thirteen miles? That's great honey, but do you really think that you could do that twice?"

Yes, I really thought I could. And so I did. June 24th, 2007, Ant ran Anchorage! And so it began...

No comments:

Post a Comment