Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years...

"Happy New Year!!! Wishing you a year with love, laughter, marathons, success, and moments to cherish. Love you..." - MV

Why do we love running? Because its honest. Although the word honest doesn't necessarily make sense at first, it just does. The people I've met through running are the most honest and amazing people, they are real just as running is. It is what you make of it, from heading out into the 0 degree weather right now to push out a tempo run or waking up at the crack of dawn to just do it -- it forces you to be true to the sport and to yourself.

In the spirit of the word "honest" I ended the year with one of the most amazing runs and began the year at a wedding celebrating a new chapter of life.

Exhausted from a long run the night before, I woke up bright and early for a quick 45 minute jog in the park. While having a tough time pulling through, I looked up to see the bright smiling faces of a group of my running friends, it gave me that last boost to keep up. Its a surreal feeling to know that such supportive groups exist out there. Then out of nowhere, I was suddenly overwhelmed by a beautiful snow shower! Yes, gorgeous, my spirits were lifted and the running year ended on the highest mark.

And so to start the New Year on just the same high note, I joined in the celebration of my friend's next chapter in life. A New Year's Eve Wedding! NYE in my eye's is always an over-hyped evening that can never live up - not this year! This NYE wedding called my name - an idea that was clearly questioned, do people want to have to attend a wedding on NYE? Yes, it was a perfect idea, it brought everyone together for an evening of celebration, fun, and ever lasting memories. Despite my tired legs from the week's running, the night was spent dancing away. Ah the joys of being an endurance runner! And today finally called for that break - a day off. Recuperation.

To 2010 and all that it may bring! Happy New Year to All!
xo AntRunsThisCity

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to bring in the new year! Here's to a great year of running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sentiments!! Too bad it's HONESTLY too darn cold out to run today, but I will see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete