Saturday, December 26, 2009

All I want for Christmas...


On Christmas morning, my alarm buzzed at 9:46am. I scrambled out of bed, threw on my running clothes, and was out my apartment door at 10 on the dot. Off I ran one mile to meet up with my fabulous new runner friend. (No, she's not a new friend, in fact she's been my friend since grade 5! But she's a NEW runner and I'm so proud of her!). Sidenote: Since I wasn't always a runner, there is nothing I love more than mentoring new runners and meeting new people. If it wasn't for my first running mentor, SpeedyE, I would have never kept up with the sport and fallen in love with it. Feel free to reach out to me or leave comments if you want a running pal.

We powered up Cat Hill in Central Park, re-capping the prior evening's Christmas Eve. We attended a Matzo Ball, which is for those who are unaware, the one night where anyone you meet at a bar is most likely going to be Jewish. And we found ourselves wondering: So if everyone attending the Matzo Ball mixer the night before was single for a reason, did that hold the same true of us? Obviously not.

Or at least we like to think so. We like to think that all the eligible Jewish bachelors were not quite ready to hit a "singles" night. The girls clamored amongst themselves to seek out the best in show. However, there weren't many options. So where do they go? I see plenty of great guys running in the park, but then again they're all running past me...

And in the end, it was a great Christmas. I spent the day with my college roommate and her family, baking, cooking, and celebrating. And really just acting crazy as evidenced in the photo...

Get excited for tomorrow's review of my fantastic new waterproof jacket! After that Christmas meal of turkey and stuffing, I had to run a few miles in the rain to pay my dues! I've tested it a few times now and have some serious pros and cons about it. http://www.sugoi.com/usa/usaeng/Products/Run/Women/Details/1466-72742F.610-Majik-Shell-Jacket

2 comments:

  1. I love my new running buddy! I couldn't have asked for a better mentor. Here's to keeping up with the reading AND the running! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Anytime - Soon you're going to be breaking records, or at least personal ones!

    ReplyDelete