Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Raindrops Keep Falling....


But my amazing Sugoi red waterproof jacket is keeping me warm! Yes, this super-thin jacket is actually the warmest layer of running clothing I own. It has sleeves that adjust to make sure no wind is getting up your sleeves, and is perfectly fitted and snug. I've run in this jacket many times now in both the cold and the rain, and even a mix of the two. What it's great for? The cold. What's it not great at is ventilation! This jacket keeps you warm and doesn't allow any water in, however, on a long run it doesn't allow any water out. Yes, as gross as that is, you sweat and there is no way for it to whisk away or escape, and so eventually you're freezing inside of this amazing jacket. The moral of this story? Overall I give this jacket an A-. Why such a high rating despite the ventilation? In the right weather, this jacket is perfect and they just released a new model that has side ventilation - genius!

Can you recommend any great rain gear? Let me know, I'm always looking to invest in it. Rain or shine, I'm out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment